Massage therapists make use of long, smooth strokes, kneading and other movements focused on shallow layers of muscle utilising massage oil or lotion.
Massage therapy enhances circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues.
It relieves muscle tension and discomfort, enhances flexibility and movement, and assists the clearing of lactic acid and various other waste products, which decreases discomfort and tightness in muscles and joints.
Why Do People Get Massage Therapy?
People get massage therapy for leisure, or for a range of health conditions:.
- Pain in the back
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Anxiety relief and stress-related conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and associated conditions such as spasms, stress and strains
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Post-injury and post surgical recovery
Massage treatment likewise appears to boost immune function.