In order to reduce the risk of a winter sports injury, your Physiotherapist is most likely to recommend some or all of the following:
– Get the correct advice on the right activity program for you
– Warm up and cool down
– Have the correct equipment for your activity
– Begin slowly and gradually build up to the challenge
– Keep hydrated
– Listen to your body
– Give yourself one or two recovery days each week
– Rest an injury, don’t try to ‘work through’ the pain
– Progress at your own pace and don’t overdo it
– Get a Physiotherapist check-up on a regular basis
Before beginning any exercise program, it is advised that you visit with your Physiotherapist, especially if you have had a previous injury or musculoskeletal condition. Michael Christofis is trained to assess/evaluate your body and offer valuable advice to assist you in preventing winter sports injuries.
If unfortunately, you do sustain a winter sports injury, Michael Christofis should be your first port of call. He is trained to assess and treat musculoskeletal injury. No wonder all professional sporting teams have Physiotherapists on staff.